Fashion FYI: Pittsburgh Fashion Story features boutique vendors
The 14th annual Pittsburgh Fashion Story is at 7 p.m. Sept. 22 at J Verno Studio, 3030 Jane St., on Pittsburgh’s South Side.
The show is being produced by stylist and Art Institute of Pittsburgh fashion instructor Suzanne Mauro and will feature stores including Heinz Healy Men’s Store in Pittsburgh, Luna Occasion Boutique in Sewickley, One Brilliant Boutique in Aspinwall, Roberta Weissburg Leathers in Shadyside, Rue Boutique in McCandless and UrbanFit Co. in Sewickley.
The evening also will spotlight pieces from the newly anticipated Pittsburgh boutique, David Lawrence, opening this fall, and have fashion trucks parked nearby for shopping. The event benefits Allegheny Children’s Initiative, a subsidiary of Partners For Quality that helps children facing behavioral challenges like depression, anxiety, autism disorders and other disabilities. Tickets are $75.
Details: 412-446-0700 or pfq.org
The Gilded Girl Beauty Emporium, a boutique featuring luxury and indie cosmetic brands, at 5104 Butler St., Lawrenceville, is having a No Makeup Class from 7 to 9 p.m. Sept. 20. You will learn how to look polished without looking made-up. Cost is $25.
Details: 412-450-0578 or thegildedgirl.com
Natural beauty mixer
Emmy-award-winning celebrity makeup artist and organic beauty expert Marianne Skiba will be at Blanc de Blanc Bridal, from 7 to 9 p.m. Sept. 21 at 1806 Brownsville Road, Mt. Oliver. She will show you how you can eliminate toxic chemicals and save the planet. The event is free, but space is limited.
Details: 412-884-8000 or blancdeblancbridal.com
Heels and handbags
There will be a Designer Bag Bingo at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 21 at Westmoreland County Community College, Youngwood Campus, 145 Pavilion Lane, for a chance to win authentic designer bags such as Coach, Michael Kors and Kate Spade. The event benefits the Westmoreland Scholarship Fund. Tickets are $35, $30 in advance.
• Glitter & Grit, a bridal boutique, 5300 Butler St., Lawrenceville is having a Rebecca Schoneveld trunk show Sept. 21-24 by appointment. The Brooklyn-based designer hand-makes each dress — with many custom options available — in her New York studio. Details: 412-781-2375 or glitterandgritpgh.com
• Worth New York is having a trunk show and beauty event from 5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 21 at the showroom located at 100 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh. Shop the fall and winter collection as well as get a view of the holiday line from stylist Bear Brandegee. Enjoy a relaxing chair massage and gifts from Spa Jema, organic day spa. The trunk show runs through Oct. 10 by appointment. Details: 412-877-0464
• Lapels, A Fine Men’s Clothier, 106 S. Pennsylvania Ave., Greensburg, is having a Hart Schaffner Marx trunk show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 21-23. Receive discounts off of a made-to-measure purchase during trunk-show days. Details: 724-853-7145
• Roots Hair & Nail Salon, 614 W. Main St., Mt. Pleasant, is having a Flawless, Darling Boutique trunk show from 5 to 9 p.m. Sept. 22. This online boutique curates feminine style with classic, fashion-forward pieces. Details: 724-542-4188 or rootsandhairnailsalon.com
• MB Bride, 123 S. Urania Ave., Greensburg is having a David Tutera Bridal trunk show by appointment Sept. 22-24. Receive a 10 percent discount during show days. Details: 724-973-8313 or mbbride.com
• Larrimor’s, 249 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh is having a Kinross men’s and women’s fall trunk show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 21-23. Meet Kinross representative Gail Tomsich. Details: 412-471-5727 or larrimors.com
The Squirrel Hill Night Market is from 6 to 10 p.m. Sept. 23. This free-admission, outdoor street festival offers shopping from more than 100 vendors from I Made It! Market selling handmade items from clothing to accessories.
Send Fashion FYI items to JoAnne Klimovich Harrop at [email protected].