15 North Allegheny students to be inducted into National Technical Honor Society
Fifteen North Allegheny High School students attending the A.W. Beattie Career Center will be inducted in to the National Technical Honor Society this year, district officials announced.
To be considered for the honor, students must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, have a grade of at least 93 percent in their career training programs and miss no more than five days of school. Candidates also must have a clear disciplinary record and belong to a service organization or participate in an extracurricular activity.
The National Technical Honor Society recognizes the achievements of top students pursuing career and technical education. The organization also provides scholarships for ongoing education and works to improve the the skilled workforce.
Students interested in learning more about the career training programs offered at Beattie can attend an open house from 5:15 to 8:15 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 28. The school is located at 9600 Babcock Blvd. in McCandless.
The NA students who will be inducted are:
• Audrey Allen, Cosmetology
• Nathan Arredondo, Advertising Design
• Haley Bemis, Emergency Response Technology
• Ryan Cameron, HVAC
• Samuel DeChellis, Carpentry
• Anton Ferruchie, Carpentry
• Dana Groff, Veterinary Sciences
• Damion Hartle, Culinary Arts
• Ian Horner, Carpentry
• Riley Jackson, Cosmetology
• Logan Labach, Pastry Arts
• Jessica Martin, Cosmetology
• Seth Ryder, Advertising Design
• Matthew Schultheis, Carpentry
• Ben Zou, Advanced Computer Programming
Tony LaRussa is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Tony at 724-772-6368 or [email protected] or via Twitter @TonyLaRussaTrib.