Congratulations to Karlee Kovacs, 16, who became the only female to win four races in a row at the Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway in Imperial.
Karlee races a 1993 Chevy Cavalier Stock, and her race number is 221K. She is the daughter of Crystal Comley of Scott Township and Karl Kovacs of Sto-Rox. Her grandparents are Cheryl Hillen of Collier Township and Jay Hillen. Her great-grandparents include Jewel Keisling of Collier Township and the late Chris Keisling and Diana and Karl Kovacs, Sr. of Sto-Rox.
Karlee is a junior at Chartiers Valley High School, where she plays the trumpet for the Show Band.
• Mary Lou Iorio will celebrate her 96th birthday today, Thursday, surrounded by her family and friends. She is the mother of four children, Natalie (Harry) Ceyrolles, with whom she resides; Johnny; Anthony; and Frank. Mary Lou also has seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
• Marlene and Jack Urso of Carnegie will celebrate their 44th wedding anniversary Friday. They are the parents of Gina (Palmer) Masciola, Mark (Annie) Urso and Jackie (Jason) Comisar. Marlene and Jack also have nine grandchildren, Palmer, Domenic and Nino Masciola; Johnny, Noah and Vincent Urso; and Lily, Mira and Carter Comisar.
• Happy 40th birthday to Laura Hartman LaCamera of Collier Township who celebrated on Aug. 27. Laura is the wife of Chris, and they are parents of Cole and Sarah.
• Nevaeh Grace Helbig will celebrate her second birthday Sunday. Nevaeh is the daughter of Jennifer and Matthew Helbig of Rosslyn Heights and is the little sister of Zavier, Gavin and Joey.
• Happy 38th wedding anniversary to Nancy and Joe Wissel of Glendale who celebrate today, Thursday. They are the parents of two boys, Joey and Andy.
• Happy third birthday to Raylan Joseph Weil of Rosslyn Heights who celebrates Sunday. Raylan is the son of Julie (Popivchak) and Bill Weil and has a big brother, Palmer Theodore.
• Happy birthday to Marchelle (Shelly) Haygood of Carnegie who celebrates Tuesday. She is Mom to Che and Brandon Summers.
• Happy 23rd birthday to Carlie Popovich of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates on Tuesday. She is the daughter of Nadine and Bert Popovich and sister of Kristen.
• Happy 36th wedding anniversary to Karen (Mitkoski) and Tom Wilmus of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrate Tuesday. They are the parents of Tara (Jason) Smith, Todd (Kristen), Michael (Anne) and Lauren. Karen and Tom also have four grandchildren, Brayden, Cameron, Alexa Laine and Lila Diane.
• Happy 17th birthday to Tyler Aston of Carnegie, who celebrates Saturday. Tyler is the son of Natosha Aston and has a brother, Chuckie.
• Happy 29th birthday to Christopher Carpellotti of Rosslyn Heights, who celebrates Tuesday. Chris is the son of Linda and Nick Carpellotti and brother of Michael.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Adaleen Antantis of Cubbage Hill, who celebrates Tuesday with her family. Adaleen is the mother of four, grandmother of five and great-grandmother of four.
• Happy birthday to Amanda (Murray) Hughes, who celebrates Wednesday. Amanda is the wife of Bucky Hughes, and together they have two children, Jacob and Carlee.
• Birthdays this week include Eddie Wilson, Don McCreary, Nancy Alauzen, Christine Walnoha, Lucille Strinkoski, Shari Dissen, Terri Galante, Dick Marshall, Ben Bogats and Greg Kappers.
• Happy 64th wedding anniversary to Irma and Arvin Sorge of Neville Manor, who celebrated Aug. 28. Joining in their celebration were their children, Sheldon (Tammy Wiens) Sorge of Carnegie and Bob (Marci) Sorge of Kansas City, Mo., as well as their grandchildren, Sonya Parlier (Andrew) of Stuart’s Draft, Va.; Stephanie Wing (Andy) of Harrodsburg, Ky.; and Joel Sorge (Anna), Katie Hebbert (Ben), and Michael Sorge, all of Kansas City, and nine great-grandchildren.
• Happy 66th wedding anniversary to Irma and Larry Byerly of Rosslyn Heights today, Thursday. Irma and Larry are the parents of George (Brook) of Harrisburg and Michael (Jeanne) of Carnegie. They also have four grandchildren, Bryan, Katie, Jonathan and Matthew. Larry is well remembered for his many years of service as a school crossing guard with the Carlynton School District.
• Also, today, Thursday, Jeanne and Michael Byerly are celebrating their 32nd anniversary with their three children, Katie, Jonathan and Matthew.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or [email protected].