Fundraising underway for Ross man who lost possessions in Feb. 8 fire
Fund-raising for a Ross Township man who’s uninsured home was destroyed by fire last week has passed the halfway mark.
The Feb. 8 fire in the home along Pittview Road is believed to have started in the fireplace.
Firefighters from multiple departments had difficulty getting water hoses to the home because of its location down a winding road. They also were hampered by frigid temperatures that caused water to quickly freeze.
The owner of the home, Chris Fromme, did not suffer any injuries. But all his posessions were destroyed along with the home, according to postings on social media — including several by local elected officials — encouraging people to donate to assist him.
According to a gofundme page set up to collect contributions, 131 people have donated $8,620 toward the $15,000 goal as of early Friday afternoon.
Tony LaRussa is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Tony at 724-772-6368 or [email protected] or via Twitter @TonyLaRussaTrib.