DUI, theft cases among those recently handled by Judge Herbst in Monroeville
Monroeville District Court Judge Jeffrey Herbst handled these cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. Charges were filed by Monroeville police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
- John Ratcliff, 37, of Monroeville on charges of simple assault and terroristic threats. Charges were filed Sept. 29.
Waived preliminary hearings
- Jeffrey Bachowski, 47, of Penn Hills on charges of driving under the influence, failure to keep right, turning movements and required signals and restrictions on alcoholic beverages. Charges were filed Aug. 18.
- Delaney Stewart, 23, of Plum on charges of driving under the influence. State police filed the charges June 4.
- Dorian Burks, 22, of Atlanta on charges of obstructing administers of the law, possession of marijuana, driving an unregistered vehicle and driving with a suspended license. Charges were filed July 31.
- Michael Svilar, 35, of Monroeville on charges of driving under the influence. Charges were filed Aug. 12.
- Kevin Tench, 51, of Braddock on charges of retail theft. Charges were filed Sept. 26.
Tench went before the judge on another case. He waived a preliminary hearing on charges of retail theft and possession of controlled substances. Those charges were filed Sept. 17.
- Grant Vangenewitt, 30, of Monroeville on charges of possession of controlled substances and public drunkenness. Charges were filed Aug. 26.
- Isaiah Hill, 35, of Pittsburgh on charges of retail theft. Charges were filed Sept. 27.
- Nicole Smith, no age given, of Lower Burrell on charges of theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property. Charges were filed Dec. 17.
- Allison Kacin, 44, of Murrysville on charges of possession of controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia. Charges were filed Aug. 11.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.