Firefighters battle blaze at Ross apartment complex
A Ross apartment was damaged in a kitchen fire Tuesday afternoon, according to the local fire chief.
The fire in a fifth-floor apartment in a seven-story building at 99 Corbett Court began when a resident was cooking on a stove, Berkeley Hills Fire Chief Wes Semple said. The fire, which was reported at 4:30 p.m., was contained to the kitchen.
Part of the apartment sustained some residual damage from the blaze, Semple said.
No one was reported injured, but a handful of residents were evaluated by emergency medical personnel. Some residents from units near the fire left the building, but the others remained in their apartments, Semple said.
Firefighters had to haul their equipment up five stories, Semple said. They remained at the scene for about 11⁄2 hours.
Semple did not have a damage estimate.
Joe Napsha is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 724-836-5252 or [email protected]