HUD distributes to area housing authorities
Housing authorities in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Westmoreland, Armstrong and Butler counties will receive about $657,000 in federal money to support public housing residents and housing voucher program recipients so they can earn more money and reduce their dependence on public assistance and rental subsidies.
The money from the Department of Housing and Urban Development is part of a $1.9 million package of assistance to 24 public housing authorities across Pennsylvania.
The following public housing authorities in the region will receive the financial aid (figures rounded):
• Westmoreland County Housing Authority: $210,000;
• Indiana County housing authority: $40,000;
• Armstrong County housing authority: $26,500;
• Pittsburgh Housing Authority: $350,000;
• Butler County housing authority: $50,000.