RMU dormitory fire will displace 10 students | TribLIVE.com
TribLive Logo
| Back | Text Size:

No one was hurt in a fire at a Robert Morris University dormitory hall early Tuesday, a university spokesman said.

The fire in Washington Hall was reported about 5:40 a.m. and appears to have started when a lit candle was knocked over, spokesman Jonathan Potts said. The fire was contained to the room, but there is smoke and water damage to the floors above and below the room. About 40 students are affected, he said. Most will be able to return to their rooms by the time classes resume Monday. Potts estimated that 10 students will need to be relocated for the rest of the semester.

Students are not allowed to have lit candles in the rooms, Potts said, but declined to comment on possible discipline.

Copyright ©2019— Trib Total Media, LLC (TribLIVE.com)