Schenley Park outdoor skating rink is open
Time to break out the skates, because Pittsburgh’s Schenley Park Skating Rink is now open and packed with special events and activities.
The rink at 10341 Overlook Drive near the tennis courts in Schenley Park operates seven days a week with varying hours.
A variety of public sessions and lessons include:
- Family Skate 6:30-9 p.m. Thursdays. All children must be accompanied by paying adults. Admission is $5.
- College ID Sessions 9:30-11:30 p.m.; 1:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 7-9 p.m. Sundays. Admission is $4 during these sessions for those with a valid college identification.
- Adults Only Sessions 9:30-11:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Only people ages 18 and older will be permitted to skate at those times.
- Skate with Santa 1:30-3:30 p.m. Dec. 16.
- Mascot Skate 1:30-3:30 p.m. Jan. 12.
- Disco Night 9:30-11:30 p.m. Feb. 2. It’s also adults only.
- Valentines on Ice 7-10 p.m. Feb. 14. It’s also adults only.
The facility includes a party room with kitchen available for rental year round for graduation parties, weddings, birthday parties and other occasions.
Admission to the Schenley Park Skating Rink is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, $4 for veterans and $3 for children 17 years old or younger. Skate rental is $3 and skate sharpening is $5.
Credit cards, Google Pa and Apple Pay will be accepted.
Call 412-422-6523 or visit pittsburghpa.gov/schenley/rink for more information.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.