Recycling event planned for Saturday in Lower Burrell
Lower Burrell will hold a recycling collection event for residents on Saturday .
The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the municipal building, 2800 Bethel St.
Registration is required and can be done by phone at 866-815-0016 or online at http://www.ecsr.net/recycling-events/ .
Fees have been set for the following items:
- Household hazardous waste: $1.45 per pound
- Universal waste such as light bulbs and batteries: $1.35 per pound
- Small/large propane tanks: $8 each
- Small Freon containing devices: 62 cents per pound
- All tube televisions and monitors: 60 cents per pound
- All non tube devices and other electronics: 40 cents per pound
- Mercury containing devices: $6.70 per pound
Residents are allowed to bring any electronics that contain a screen, cord or circuit board; propane tanks; oil-based and latex paints; light bulbs; batteries; fluorescent lamps; household cleaners; aerosols; flammable liquids; stains, finishes and sealers; fertilizers; pool chemicals; antifreeze; waste oils, motor oil and fuel additives; putties, glues and adhesives; and pesticides, repellants, bug spray and rat poison.
Residents should not bring explosives, radioactive material, elemental mercury, ammunition, medical waste, large appliances, tires, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, syringes or compressed gas.
The event is being held in conjunction with recycling company ECS&R.
Emily Balser is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Emily at 724-226-4680, [email protected] or via Twitter @emilybalser.