Greensburg appoints new administrator, fiscal director
There was a shake-up at Greensburg City Hall as the appointment of a new city administrator led to numerous other staffing changes.
City Council swore in Kelsye Milliron, who will take over as the new city administrator Monday.
She’s worked at the city for four years, most recently as fiscal director .
She will officially take her new position May 29 at a salary of $77,000 a year, following the departure of longtime Administrator Sue Trout.
Milliron said she’s thought about the possibility of becoming city administrator, but she assumed it was an ambition for the distant future.
“I’m just excited. I envisioned this for years down the road,” she said.
Trout, who has worked for the city for 22 years, is leaving May 26 to take a job with Pittsburgh consulting firm Mockenhaupt Associates.
Milliron was her first choice as her replacement.
“I think she’s going to be here for a long time,” she said.
City accountant Colleen Gain will replace Milliron as fiscal director at a salary of $71,441 a year.
City council made several other promotions and hirings Monday:
• Administrative Assistant Trisha Hilderhoff was promoted to accountant at a salary of $44,000 a year.
• Meter enforcement officer Angela Grant was promoted to administrative assistant at a salary of $38,872 a year.
• Administrative assistant Alycia Ferrett was promoted to inspector at a salary of $45,872 a year.
• Administrative assistant Amy Calisti was promoted to administrative assistant/inspector at a salary of $42,872 a year.
• Miranda Crosby was hired as an administrative assistant at a salary of $38,872.
Mayor Robert Bell praised Trout for her dedication to the city.
“I can’t think of anybody for many, many years who has had a more positive impact on the city of Greensburg than Sue,” he said.
Trout said she was proud to work for the city and thanked the city employees and elected officials she worked with over the years.
“Nothing happens without a team, and I was proud to lead this team,” she said.
Jacob Tierney is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 724-836-6646, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @Soolseem.