Westmoreland happenings: Feb. 2 and beyond
• Have A Heart Buffet Pasta Palooza is planned 1-4 p.m. Feb. 10 host by the Humane Society of Westmoreland County at Lakeview, Route 30 Greensburg. Cost: $25. Tickets: 724-837-3779.
• 80’s party band Velveeta will perform 7 p.m. Feb. 16 in Harrison City VFD, 1010 Mill St. Cost: $20 includes beer and food. Benefits PT 12U all-star baseball team. Tickets: [email protected]
• West Newton Library, 124 N. Water St. is hosting a book sale during regular hours. Fill a bag for $5; also sheet music for $1 per sheet. Hours: noon-5 p.m. Monday and Thursday, noon-7 p.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Details: 724-633-0798.
• YWCA of Westmoreland County is accepting nominations for the 25th annual YWCA Sportswomen of the Year Awards program. Categories include individuals and teams for middle school, high school and college/adult levels. Deadline for nominations is March 1; winners will be announced March 11. Details: 724-834-9390 or ywcawestmoreland.org.
• Bullskin Opry, 6-10 p.m. Saturday, Bullskin Grange Hall, 938 Pleasant Valley Road. Admission is free; donations accepted. Food will be available. New musicians welcome. Details: 724-455-3919.
• A pre-Valentine dance is planned with doors opening at at 5 p.m. for dinner, dance 7-11 p.m. Feb. 9 in Norwin Elks, 150 Elk Lane, Manor. $5 per person. Tickets: 724-863-3000.
• McKenna Center for Active Adults, 971 Old Salem Road, Greensburg:
—Highway Safety Network driving tips, 2:15 p.m. Tuesday.
— Piano lessons every Monday.
— Bingo, 12:45 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays.
— Exercise classes and lunch offered daily.
• The Duncan Financial Group, LLC will be presenting “2018 – “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Tax Changes & What They Mean for You” tax seminar 1 p.m. Feb. 6 in Norwin Public Library, Caruthers Lane, Irwin. Register at 724-863-4700 ext. 3.
• The Rev. Robert Keffer, O.S.B., will present a lecture, “Amplexus Bernardi – The Mystical Theology of St. Bernard of Clairvaux” at 7 p.m. Feb. 7 in Luparello Lecture Hall at Saint Vincent College, 300 Fraser Purchase Road, Unity. Light refreshments will be served. Details: 724-805-2107 or stvincent.edu/gallery.
• Senior Computer Associates of Latrobe will hold basic computer classes Wednesdays in February and March; and iPad classes Thursdays in March. All classes are held 9-11 a.m. in Latrobe Center for Active Adults, 15 Avenue C. Cost: $20 per month. Register: 724-537-3796.
Submissions from nonprofit or not-for-profit organizations for Briefly Speaking and Club News can be emailed to [email protected], faxed to 724-838-5171 or mailed to 622 Cabin Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601-1657. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each announcement is printed once; there is no fee. Information: 724-836-4970.
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected]