McCandless seeks applications for 9 openings on resident advisory groups
Applications are being accepted from residents to fill nine seats on various volunteer boards, commissions and authorities that will become vacant at the end of the year.
The openings are for terms expiring Dec. 31 for the following advisory groups:
• Personnel Board, 0ne three-year term
• Planning Commission, two four-year terms
• Zoning Hearing Board, one three-year term
• Zoning Hearing Board, one three-year alternate term
• McCandless Industrial Development Authority, one five-year term
• McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority, one five-year term
• McCandless Township Sanitary Authority, one five-year term
• Code Appeals Board, one four-year term
An applicant also is being sought to fill an unexpired term on the Zoning Hearing Board that was created by a resignation. The resident appointed to complete the term will serve until Dec., 31, 2020.
Qualified applicants will be interviewed by town council, who will vote on the appointments based on the town’s policy to fill such positions.
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m.m on Friday, Oct. 12.
More information is available online .
Tony LaRussa is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Tony at 724-772-6368 or [email protected] or via Twitter @TonyLaRussaTrib.