Events in Plum and Oakmont this week
Looking for some fun in Oakmont and Plum?
Here are some suggestions:
- Heinz History Center officials will be at the Oakmont Carnegie Library for a special presentation of Pittsburgh’s hockey history 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. It chronicles its beginnings in Oakland in 1893 to present at the Consol Energy Center.
- Book Buddies storytime at the Oakmont library is from 10:30-11:15 a.m. Wednesday. It is designed for children ages birth through 5 with a caregiver. No registration is required.
- Tai chi with Jeri McCutcheon is set for 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Oakmont library. The class is free and open to all skill levels. It is designed to reduce stress, improve balance, build coordination and refine posture among other health benefits.
Oakmont library programs are free. Call 412-828-9523 for more information.
- The Oaks Theater hosts a Hocus Pocus beer tasting event 7:30 p.m. Thursday at 310 Allegheny River Blvd. Doors and beer taps open at 6:30 p.m. with the movie starting an hour later. Tickets are $8 and available at bit.ly/2DZhw4W or call 888-718-4253.
- Circle of Stitchers will meet at the Plum Community Library from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at 445 Center New Texas Road.
Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources.
- Plum’s Life Writers will meet from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at the library. Join the group and work on writing stories of your life.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information about Plum library programs.