Autopsies reveal McKeesport couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning
Autopsies by the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s office have determined that the deaths of a McKeesport couple in their home Friday were due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
The manner of death for Leonard Koltiska, 85, has been ruled a homicide.
The death of his wife, Dolores Koltiska, also 85, was ruled accidental.
The couple was found in their home in the 1500 block of Wesley Street Friday at about 11:30 a.m.
The husband was inside a car that had its motor running inside an attached, enclosed garage. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The wife was in an upstairs bedroom. She had a pulse and was taken to UPMC McKeesport, where she later died.
McKeesport police Chief Bryan Washowich said the department has received the results of the autopsies and doesn’t plan to investigate the case further, adding investigators don’t think the husband intended to kill his wife.