Carnegie grandparents welcome grandson
Congratulations to Janna and Brendan Nelson of Moon on the birth of a baby boy.
Adam James Nelson was born on Aug. 25, 2016, weighing 9 pounds, 8 ounces.
Big sister Summer was home to help out.
Maternal grandparents are Jan and Roberta Gribowicz of Bethel Park and maternal great-grandmother is Gerry Gribowicz of Whitehall.
Paternal grandparents are Maureen and Jim Nelson of Carnegie. Adam James is the 15th great-grandchild for Peggy Flaherty of Scott.
• Happy 39th wedding anniversary to Liz and Tom DiPietro of Rosslyn Heights, who will celebrate Oct. 1. They are the parents of Anthony (Avri) and Amy (Tim) Gastgeb. Liz and Tom also have three grandchildren: Mason, Addison and Luca.
• Happy 8th birthday to Daniel Gregory Carnes, who celebrates today. Daniel is the son of Christine and Bill Carnes of Scott and has a big sister, Kayleen.
• Happy birthday to Jean (Tacola) Fiorentini of Carnegie, who celebrates Saturday. Jean was married to her husband George for 40 years until he died in 2006. She is the mother of Gina May, Alberta, Shawn and George Jr. Jean also has eightgrandkids, Tori, Phillip, Kiersten, Madison, Jordan, Ryan, Brandon and Brandin, and one newborn great-granddaughter, Evelyn Marie May.
• Happy 29th wedding anniversary to Nancy (Bryan) and Chris McMullin of Carnegie, who celebrate Sunday. They are the parents of Jennifer (Victor) Jafarace and Katie (Andrew) Smith, and have three grandchildren, Austin, Emma and Tucker.
• Pearl and Richard Moehring of Rosslyn Heights both will celebrate their 72nd birthdays. Pearl’s birthday was Wednesday and Richard’s is Sunday. Pearl and Richard are the parents of Wendy (J.D.) Restich, Richie and Thad Moehring. They also have six grandchildren, David, Danielle and Rachel Restich, and Brittani, Bradley and Brayden Moehring, and three great-grandchildren.
• Happy 35th wedding anniversary to Kathy and Zachary Sudiak of Crafton, who celebrate on Monday. They are the parents of two daughters, Janel (Ben) Eonta and Elise.
• Megan Pointer will celebrate her 17th birthday Tuesday. She is the daughter of Kevin and Susan Pointer and has a sister, Emma, who is 12.
• Birthdays this week include Darlene Hatcher, Brittany Sutton, Bernadette Talmonti Zombeck, Joan Walnoha, Rich Whitaker, Amber McCreary and Bobby Steffl.
Cindy Babish-Schultz is a contributing writer for the Tribune-Review. Reach her at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.