Carnegie native gets Disney wedding
Hannah Rose Rossi of Carnegie and Brian Olstein of Pittsburgh’s North Side were married on Nov. 11 in Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
The marriage took place on the beach at the Polynesian Hotel with the castle in the background. Hannah’s son Trevor gave her away and signed the marriage license.
Several family members were in attendance including four generations of Hannah’s family, mom Joyce Rossi, Hannah’s son Trevor Buttermore, Aunt Janet Fraer and grandmother Jean Fraer, both of Carnegie.
Hannah is the daughter of Joyce and Tom Rossi of Rosslyn Heights. Brian is the son of Carol and Joseph Olstein and father of Kaitlyn Olstein. The newlyweds make their home in Carnegie.
• Happy half-a-century birthday to Donna (Fisher) Hatcher of Carnegie who celebrates today with her husband Ron, family and friends. Donna and Ron are the parents of Amy and James. Donna and Ron also have one beautiful granddaughter Camille Rose.
• Happy 17th birthday to Cristy L. Crawshaw of Carnegie who will celebrate on Dec. 1. Cristy is the daughter of Peg and John Crawshaw and is sister to Jason (Claire), Brandy (Adam) Cramer and John (Kylee).
Cristy is a junior at Carlynton High School. She is a member of the girls soccer team, girls ensemble and chorus, the bowling team, Carlynton plays and musicals, Cougarettes and Girl Scouts.
• Lorraine Henderson of Cloverleaf Estates West will celebrate another wonderful year on Nov. 30. She is the wife of George Henderson and together they have six children and 10 grandchildren who will join in the celebration this week. An accomplished writer, Lorraine has had more than 500 short stories and two books published.
• Barbara McCreary of Cloverleaf Estates West will celebrate her 81st birthday on Nov. 29 with a family party. She is mom to Don (Joanne) McCreary of Rennerdale, Kathy (Ron) McCartney of Carnegie and Pam McCreary.
Barbara is grandma to three — Shawn Flynn, Adam Fowkes and Michelle (Matt) Ball — and great-grandmother of Mason McCartney Ball.
• Happy birthday to Noah Steele who celebrated his second on Nov. 15. Noah is the son of Christine Steele of Ingram. He celebrated with his family and friends.
• Amanda Partin will celebrate her 24th birthday tomorrow with her daughter, Angelina, and family. Her stepfather, Russ Meyers, will celebrate his birthday on Dec. 1.
• Happy 83rd birthday to Dorothy Campbell of Rosslyn Heights who celebrates on Nov. 29. Dorothy is mom to Karen (Jim) Shaffer and Larry (Mary) Campbell and has two grandsons, (one deceased) and four great-grandchildren.
• Happy third birthday to Cameron Michael Smith who celebrates on Dec. 2. Cameron is the son of Tara and Jason Smith of Crafton. Grandparents include Karen and Tom Wilmus of Rosslyn Heights and Jan and Michael Smith of Crafton.
• Happy birthday to Patrick Schade, who celebrates Dec. 2. Patrick is the son of Mary Ann and Andy Schade of Carnegie and dad to Brianna Lynn.
• Maria and Ken Lockhart of Carnegie will celebrate their 44th wedding anniversary on Nov. 28. They are the parents of Amy Lockhart, Rosanne BeHage and Melissa Lockhart. Maria and Ken have three grandchildren, Alyssa Poole, Elizabeth BeHage and Nathan BeHage.
• Happy birthday to Shirley Torchia of Rosslyn Heights who celebrates Dec. 3. Shirley is the wife of Frank and they have three children, Christina (Scott) Kennedy, Teresa (Brandon) Zimmerman and Frankie and three grandchildren, Luca, Jack and Landon.
• Happy 18th birthday to Haley Doherty of Crafton who celebrates tomorrow. Haley was also born on Thanksgiving Day. Haley is the daughter of Vicki (Fisher) and Jack Doherty and has a brother Zachary.
• Congratulation to Joe Uzar of Carnegie who had a major role in Duquesne University’s musical, “The Drowsy Chaperone” which was a reprise from his Carlynton days.
• Birthdays this week include Carole Dvorak, Kenneth Bryan, Andrew Wolbert, Jeff Tindall, Samantha Nardozzi, Barbara Kelly-Lindsay, Bridget Kelly Cafeo, Daniella Maloney, Marc Loniero, Fred Carini, Barb McDowell, Jaylynn Leslie, Courtney Lynch-Crawford, and Guy Dedola.
• Happy 57th wedding anniversary to Lee and Homer Nixon of Carnegie, who celebrate tomorrow. They are the parents of Nancy (Walt) Wisniewski and Tom (Kim) Nixon and have two grandchildren, Ashley (Frank) Bailey and Brad. Lee and Homer also have one great-granddaughter, Kenzie Harper Bailey who is one year old.
• Great news to hear Susie Smith is back at work at Gab ‘N Eat after 3 1⁄2 months off with a broken ankle.
• Chartiers Valley has two athletes of the swim and dive team signing National Letters of Intent to participate at the Division 1 level in college.
Drew Damich will sign to swim at West Virginia University and Maria Lohman will dive at the University of North Carolina. A signing recognition was held on Nov. 13 at the high school.
• Daryl “St. Daryl” Golinski will be 50 years old on Dec. 2. Daryl is a fourth-degree Knight with the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Knights of Columbus No. 11143 and also Past Exalted Ruler with the Carnegie Elks Lodge 831.
• I wish all of my faithful Town Talk readers a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.