Most buildings have been cleared after a suspected gas leak prompted officials to cancel classes this afternoon at the Community College of Allegheny County’s campus in the North Side.
Officials evacuated buildings at the Allegheny Campus as a precaution about 1:30 p.m. when there was an odor of what some thought was natural gas, spokesman David Hoovler said in a release.
But officials believe a piece of construction equipment on campus released fumes that caused the smell, Hoovler said.
Equitable Gas is inspecting just to be sure, but Hoovler said evening classes are expected to resume as scheduled.
Copyright ©2019— Trib Total Media, LLC (TribLIVE.com)