Electrical problem sparks fire in McKeesport truck
An electrical problem is believed to have caused a truck fire in McKeesport on Thursday.
Marlon Barnes said he was driving the Ford F-150 pickup across the Jerome Bridge at about 12:20 p.m. when “smoke started coming from the hood.”
Barnes said he didn't want to abandon the vehicle on the bridge. So he kept driving until he could get it off Lysle Boulevard. Barnes made the first available right and parked across from the Family Dollar store.
He said he ran into the store and asked someone to call for help.
Fire crews were on the scene quickly but not before the fire burned a hole through the hood.
Barnes said he was taking a load of wood and other debris from a demolition project in Glassport to Homewood when the incident occurred.
Firefighters at the scene said an electrical problem probably sparked the fire.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161 ext. 1966, or [email protected].