Fire snuffed at East Brady home
A fire caused some damage but was snuffed out by firefighters before spreading throughout an East Brady house on Monday afternoon.
East Brady Fire Chief Philip Beabout said the fire started at about noon and burned the porch and a portion of the roof of the home owned by Mike and Marie Evanko-vich. The house suffered smoke and water damage on its first floor.
Nobody was hurt, and the family should not be displaced because of the fire, Beabout said.
Five fire companies — East Brady, Petrolia, Chicora, Sugarcreek and Rimersburg — responded and kept the fire contained to the porch. The fire was bolstered by a wood pile stacked against the house.
“The pile definitely helped the fire,” Beabout said. “When we got there, the pile was smoldering.”
Beabout was unsure of what sparked the fire, which remains under investigation.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.