Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC unveils mobile app
Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC now has a mobile app — ChildrensPgh — that allows parents and caregivers access to the patient portal, pediatric specialists and directions to the hospital.
The app, available for Apple and Android products through the App Store and Google Play, also includes a symptom checker. This allows the caregiver to decide on the most appropriate level of care for a sick child.
“We understand the need for quick access to reliable health information,” said Dr. Brian Martin vice president of medical affairs, Children’s Hospital. “We designed our app to answer that need and to help users connect to all things Children’s Hospital with an easy tap. Our new app is a must-have for anyone who interacts with children and teens — from parents and caregivers to teachers, coaches and day care workers.”
The app also has a medications section for maintaining a list of prescriptions and dosage information for common over-the-counter medicines, as well as emergency services contacts for 911 and emergency rooms across the country and poison centers.
Other features include:
• Location and directions for all Children’s Hospital facilities and points of care.
• “Find a Doctor” tool to search for a pediatrician or a pediatric specialist close to home.
• Symptom Checker to help parents determine the most appropriate level of care when a child is sick or injured. It also puts parents in touch with experts at Children’s Hospital.
• Medications for maintaining a list of prescriptions and providing dosage information for common over-the-counter medicines.
• Emergency Services for quick connections to poison centers, 911 and emergency rooms across the United States.