Mt. Lebanon teen accused in hammer attack to stay on house arrest
A Mt. Lebanon teenager accused of attacking his ex-girlfriend with a hammer will remain on house arrest at his grandmother’s Whitehall home, a juvenile court judge ruled Monday.
Robertino DeAngelis, 17, will stand trial in juvenile court Aug. 24 before Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Kim Clark.
DeAngelis was originally charged as an adult, but last month Judge Anthony Mariani granted a defense request to move the case to juvenile court.
DeAngelis is accused of attacking Sarah DeIuliis on Oct. 31, 2007, as the pair walked from Mt. Lebanon High School. Police said he then jumped in front of a trolley.
If Clark finds DeAngelis delinquent, he could remain under that court’s supervision until he turns 21.
A spokesman for the District Attorney’s Office said prosecutors will not appeal Mariani’s ruling, despite urging from the DeIuliis family.
is a former freelancer.