News to use
The Order of the Eastern Star Chapter 277 will sponsor a Premier designs jewelry mystery hostess show at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Masonic Temple, Rayburn. Vickie Zimmerman will be the independent Premier Designs consultant, 412-549-0104. Those attending will earn tickets when they purchase jewelry items and/or for each friend they take to the party. At the end of the show a ticket will be drawn and the ticket holder will be the mystery hostess and earn all of the hostess benefits to earn free jewelry. Questions may be directed to Kathy Hawkins at 724-783-6329.
Lenape meeting has been postponed
The regular meeting of the Lenape Joint Operating Committee of the Armstrong County Area Vocational-Technical School Board which was scheduled for Aug. 16, has been rescheduled to Aug. 4, and will be held at 7 p.m. in the Administrative Conference Room at Lenape Technical School, 2215 Chaplin Ave., Manor Township. Anyone with a disability and is interested in attending the public meetings, and would require auxiliary aid, service, or other accommodations to participate in the meeting, is asked to contact Deborah Saxion at 724-763-5910 to discuss how Lenape may best accommodate their needs.
Reminder issued about 5K event
The first Building Hope Through Habitat 5K Run/Fun Walk will be held Aug. 6. Registration fee is $15. Specially designed registration options exist for families and pledge raisers. Entry forms may be obtained by calling 724-763-3974 or e-mailing the race director AHFHRaceDirector@live.com , downloadable from website: armstronghabitat.org , picked up at Kittanning News at 239 Market St., or picked up on Aug. 4 and 5 at the information booth at the Fort Armstrong Folk Festival.
Event will commence on Water Street near the staging area of the Fort Armstrong Folk Festival, with check-in 6:15 until 7:30 a.m. followed by opening ceremonies and warm-up. Run start is at 8 a.m. and walk start 8:10 a.m.
Runner award categories have been revised as follows: the top three male finishers; the top three female finishers; and the top three finishers in each age category. There will be no awards for walkers. Designated age groups are as follows: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40- 44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and older.
• The ninth annual Garretts Run School reunion picnic will be held at noon July 30 at the First Baptist Church of Ford City, Manor. First meal will be held at 1 p.m. and evening meal will be at 5:30 p.m. Those attending are asked to take a covered dish to share. Questions may be directed to 724-548-1289.
• The Aites reunion will be held beginning at noon July 30 at the Independence Pavilion at Crooked Creek State Park. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish, favorite soft drink, and white elephant gift for the auction. Questions may be directed to 724-545-1927.
• The 28th annual Johns and John (Sherman Johns) reunion will be held July 31 at Washington Township Park, Adrian. Dinner will be at 1 p.m. and supper is at 5 p.m. Meat, buns, and table service will be provided. Those attending are asked to take covered dish, cold beverages, and a dessert for two meals. There will be a goodwill offering for the children’s games, 50/50 raffle and a special gift raffle. One basket from each family, valued at $20 or up. Children’s games, bingo game, ball game, and horseshoes will be held after the noon meal and business meeting. Cost per person is over 12, $3, 1-12, $1, and free to younger than 1.
• The Hank Club will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at the Bernard Snyder Park. In case of inclement weather, the group will meet at Kittanning Riverfront Park gazebo closest to Sheetz. If the temperature is above 85 degrees the event will be canceled. Those attending are asked to take water for their pet and a screw in the ground type tie out for off lead work. Anyone is welcome to come as long as proof of shots are shown and the dog is not aggressive. Anyone who needs to socialize their pet for obedience, conformation etc. is welcome. There is a $5 donation and Betsy Sanders does all the organizing. Questions may be directed to Betsy Sanders, email@example.com , www.walnutgrovekennel.com , or call 724-297-3832.
• The Allegheny Valley Chapter of the Women’s Business Network will meet at 8 a.m. Tuesday at the UPMC Lighthouse Point at Chapel Harbor across the road from Waterworks Mall, Fox Chapel. The group meets on the first and third Tuesdays each month. Meeting agendas include self-marketing and a business presentation by an individual member. For information contact Maryanne Barnes at 412-781-3171 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
• The Kittanning Football Mothers Club will hold its meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at King’s Family Restaurant, Hilltop Plaza, East Franklin. Final preparations for the picnic will be discussed. All parents for players grades 7-12 are invited to attend. Questions may be directed to Donna Scholl at 724-545-3333.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1951 will hold its monthly luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at The Villa in Cadogan. All classmates, spouses, and friends are welcome.
• The monthly meeting of the Cowanshannock Creek Watershed Association will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Armsdale Administration Building Conference Room 103. The public is welcome. Questions may be directed to 724-783-6692.
• The Ford City Eagles Auxiliary 606 will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday.