News to use
An open house will be held to honor Ron “Jesse” and Barb James of Rural Valley, on the occasion of their 50th wedding anniversary, from 1-5 p.m. Sunday at the Rural Valley fire hall. Refreshments will be provided. The gift of friendship is the only one requested.
Farm market returns to Kittanning
The Freedom Farms Market will be open from 3 to 7 p.m. June 24 at the old Leader Times lot in Kittanning.
Church holds mission fundraiser
Harvest Community Church, 143 Reed Road, East Franklin, will raise funds through an oriental food booth during Heritage Days 4-10 p.m. June 30, 4-11 p.m. July 1, noon-11 p.m. July 2, 3, and 4. Monies received will be used to purchase construction materials to help in the Joplin, Mo., rebuilding and construction efforts. Questions may be directed to Pastor Fred Neal at 724-548-5643.
Group needs quilt tops
Quilters from Appleby Manor Presbyterian Church are in need of some quilt tops to work on. If anyone need or knows anyone who needs a quilt top done they are asked to call the church at 724-763-1010.
Kickoff bingo set for Sunday
Ford City Area Heritage Days will hold its annual “kickoff bingo” beginning at 1 p.m. Sunday in the Ford City Park. Tickets for the bingo are $20 in advance, or $25 at the door. For tickets or information, call 724-763-1617, or contact any committee member.
School reunion set for Saturday
The Willliamson and Slate Point School reunion will be held Saturday at the Parks Sportsman Club. Arrival time is at 1 p.m. and lunch will be served at 1:15 p.m. Those attending are asked to take a covered dish to share. Questions may be directed to Reta Klingensmith at 724-727-7598.
• The Armstrong-Kiski Area Chapter of the Women’s Business Network will meet at 8:15 a.m. Monday at Books and Beans, 156 Market St., Leechburg. The chapter meets the second and fourth Mondays each month and is open to area women business owners and those in sales in the Armstrong County area who would like to meet to network and share ideas to expand their business. For information contact Brenda DeMeno at 724-339-5310.
• The Ford City High School Class of 1950 will hold its regular monthly luncheon at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Lindy’s Cafe in Ford City. Any interested class members and guests are welcome.
• The Ford City High School Class of 1960 will hold a dinner get-together at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Garda’s Restaurant, Manor. All classmates, spouses, and friends are welcome. For reservations, call Jane at 724-763-8420.
• The Ford City High School Class of 1962 will hold its monthly get together beginning 6 p.m. Tuesday at Crooked Creek Park for a hoagie picnic social. Those attending are asked to take a covered dish or dessert to share. Everyone is asked to take their own hoagie, table service, beverages, and a lawn chair, if desired. Any class member who has not been contacted and is interested in attending is asked to call Judy at 724-763-2398 or Betty at 724-763-8996. Event is open to all graduates, classmates, spouses, and former members and friends of the class.
• The Neighborhood Crime Watch in Ford City will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Ford Memorial United Methodist Church in Ford City. Questions may be directed to 724-763-2575 or 724-763-3797.
• The Women of The Salvation Army will present Wednesdays with the Ladies. A night of sharing dessert and conversation “cake and company” will be held 6-8 p.m. June 29 at the Kittanning Worship and Service Center, 205 S. Jefferson St., Kittanning. Questions may be directed to 724-543-6622.