News to use
The Lenape Heights Women’s Golf League holds its spring luncheon at noon Monday in the Green Room at Lenape Heights Golf Course. New golfers welcome. Questions may be directed to Alicia at 724-859-5143 or Ginny at 724-548-1220.
ASD to hold GED testing
The Armstrong School District will conduct the GED (General Educational Development) 2002 Test 6-10 p.m. on Feb. 10 and 11 at the Ford City Junior-Senior High School Library, Fourth Avenue and 11th Street, Ford City. Cost is $50 cash or money order. Registration deadline is April 9. The GED 2002 test cannot be combined with prior GED tests. Anyone who took the prior GED test and did not pass it must start over with the GED 2002 test. All test scores prior to this new test are not transferable to the GED 2002 test.
To be eligible for the GED test, the applicant must be a resident of Pennsylvania, must be at least 18 years old, and not enrolled in school. Applications 16 to 18 years of age may take the test if they present a written request at the time of registration from an employer who requires the GED diploma for employment; a school that requires the GED diploma for admission; or an armed forces recruiting officer.
Anyone wishing to take the test must make payment and complete a registration form at the Armstrong School District Administration Building, 410 Main St., Ford City by the registration deadline. At the time of testing, the applicant must present some form of photo identification, such as a photo driver’s license. Questions or for any special accommodations, contact Chuck Pepper at 724-763-5256.
Patriots group hosts town hall
The Indiana/Armstrong Patriots host a town hall meeting with two Lieutenant Governor Candidates Steve Johnson from York County and Daryl Metcalfe of Butler County at 7 p.m. April 8 at the Smith Complex, 2340 Smith Road, Plumcreek. Agenda includes a brief overview of each candidate and an open mike for questions from the audience. Directions to the Smith Complex can be found on the Patriots’ Web site at www.indianaarmstrongpatriots.com or call 724-354-5153 Ext. 0.
• Allegheny Ludlum Local 1138 U.S.W.A. Pension Club meets at 1 p.m. Monday at the union hall in Leechburg, all retirees are welcome.
• The HANK Club will meet at 6 p.m. Monday5 at Pony Farm Sportsmen Club. Directions are proceed through West Kittanning and turn at the stop light that is marked Pony Farm Road and travel two miles. The large tan building sits back off the road and is on left before the bridge. The group will work teaching up to six new commands with the pets. These commands coincide with the sport of Freestyle Dance with the dogs. No dancing is required by owners. This is the fifth year for the club. All participants are welcome. Dogs must have completed a basic obedience class or they must be controllable and not aggressive. All shots up-to-date, negative stool sample done at the owner’s vet and turn in a copy for the club’s files. Anyone wishing to attend is asked to donate $5 to the HANK Club. Questions may be directed to Betsy Sanders at 724-297-3832 or visit the Web page www.walnutgrovekennel.com.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1953 holds its monthly luncheon at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Theresa’s Royle Allegheny Restaurant, West Kittanning. All classmates welcome.
• The Armstrong County Newcomers Club provides women who have moved to the area the opportunity to meet other women through various social events such as shopping excursions, tourist outings, club dinners, bowling, mini-golf, and monthly meetings. New members are welcome at any time. The next meeting is at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the home of Jennifer Richardson. Women interested in attending this meeting is asked to call 724-548-5225 or 724-548-7751.
• The Cowanshannock Creek Watershed Association meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Conference Room 103 at the Armsdale Administration Building. The public is welcome.
• The Kittanning High School Class holds its monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Theresa’s Royle Allegheny Restaurant, West Kittanning. All members and guests are welcome.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1947 meets for its monthly get together at noon April 9 at Theresa’s Royle Allegheny Restaurant, West Kittanning. All members and friends are welcome.