News to use
Appleby Manor Presbyterian Church, 810 Main St., Ford City, will host Conductor Walter Marr to speak on “Life’s Railway to Heaven” at 6:30 p.m. Sunday. A freewill offering will be collected for the Ford City Food Bank. Refreshments will be served in the back of the church afterwards. The church is handicap accessible. The church’s 19th annual train display will be at 2 p.m. Nov. 20.
Free flu shots offered Monday
The Pennsylvania Department of Health will offer free flu shots for adults only at a walk-in flu clinic from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Monday, at the State Health Center, 245 Butler Road, Suite 1, West Kittanning. No appointment is necessary. Clinic is for adults only and a limited amount of vaccine is available. Questions may be directed to 724-543-2700.
Bingo tomorrow at fire hall
Bingo will be held Thursday at the Kittanning Township fire hall. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Bingo begins at 7:15 p.m. Kitchen is open. New players are welcome. The fire hall is located four miles east of Kittanning on Route 422, towards Indiana. There will be no bingo held Nov. 25, Thanksgiving.
Club holds bake sale
The Over The Hill Gang will hold a bake sale from 8:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. Friday at Valley Dairy. Proceeds benefit the club’s fundraising efforts.
Clearance sale set in Freeport
A half-off clearance New to You Holiday sale will be held from noon-4 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday at the Freeport Area Library. Questions may be directed to 724-295-3616.
Chicken, biscuit dinner scheduled
A chicken and biscuits dinner will be served from 4-7 p.m. Saturday at the Center Hill Church of the Brethren, 2039 Freeport Road, Kittanning. Event will be sponsored by the church youth group.
Community theater holds craft show
The Armstrong Community Theater Group will hold its fall craft show with free admission from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the Worthington Civic Center. There will be a variety of vendors, crafters, and artists.
• The Allegheny Power/West Penn Kittanning Division Retirees meet for breakfast at 9 a.m. Thursday at King’s Family Restaurant, Hilltop Plaza, East Franklin.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1949 will hold its monthly meeting at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Lenape Heights Golf Course. Members are welcome.
• The next meeting of the Eljer Retirees Club will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the local union hall on Route 85 in Rayburn.
• The Chapter 2 of the Tri-Country Music Association will hold its monthly meeting, dinner and dance at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Ford City Veterans of Foreign Wars in Pattonville. Those attending are asked to take a covered dish. Cost at the door is $3.
• The monthly meeting of the Latin American Beneficial Society will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, in the club’s banquet hall. Members are urged to attend. Dues for 2011 are due.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1947 will meet for its monthly get-together at noon Friday at Royle Allegheny Restaurant, West Kittanning. Members and friends are welcome.
• ARC Manor will conduct its regular monthly board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the facility at 200 Oak Ave., Kittanning.
• The Kittanning Junior High Band Boosters will hold a meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in the junior high school band room. All seventh and eighth grade band members’ parents are welcome.
• The Burrell Historical Society will meet at Cochran’s Mill Methodist Church at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The 2011 calendars, featuring photos from the past are available for $8. A booklet of the township’s old cemeteries, containing names, pictures and information is also available for $10. information can be obtained by calling 724-842-6218. New members are welcome.