News to use
All veterans will be served a free meal which includes buffet and beverage from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday at Ponderosa Steak House, Franklin Village Mall, East Franklin. Questions may be directed to Ponderosa at 724-543-2297.
ACMH Hospital school open house
The ACMH Hospital’s School of Radiologic Technology will hold an open house at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Continuing Education Classroom on the second floor.
The ACMH school offers a 24 month certificate program, low student / instructor ratio and extensive clinical experience. All classes are held at ACMH Hospital. Instructors from the school will be on hand to discuss the advantages of a career in Radiologic Technology.
Anyone interested in learning more about the School of Radiologic Technology is invited to attend. For information or to RSVP contact Glenna Kanish at 724-543-8206.
Hospital Auxiliary sponsors book fair
The ACMH Hospital Auxiliary will sponsor a BG Book Fair from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday in the Continuing Education Classroom on the second floor of the hospital. All proceeds benefit the hospital.
Divine Redeemer to honor veterans
Divine Redeemer School will celebrate the veterans with an assembly at 9 a.m. Thursday. The Armstrong County Honor Guard will present the proper handling of the American Flag as well as the procedure for disposal of a worn flag. To RSVP veterans interested in attending are asked to call the school office at 724-763-3761. Veterans are encouraged to share any stories, mementos, or words of wisdom with the students.
• The Genealogy Club will meet from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Lankerd Thomas Library, Kittanning. Lisa Ilowite will speak on “Black Sheep Families.” She is a research scientist and has applied those skills to genealogy for a number of years. She lives in New Jersey, but her research interest is in Pennsylvania. She is the author of “Transcription of the Clarion County Death Register (1893-1906).” She is a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, First Families of Western Pennsylvania and the International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists. Questions may be directed to Esther 724-297-3296.
• The Armstrong-Kiski Area Chapter of the Women’s Business Network will meet at 8:15 a.m. Monday at Books and Beans, 156 Market St., Leechburg. The chapter meets the second and fourth Mondays each month and is open to area women business owners and those in sales in the Armstrong County area who would like to meet to network and share ideas to expand their business. For information contact Brenda DeMeno at 724-339-5310.
• The Bloom Gals will hold their monthly meeting at 9 a.m. Monday at the Alliance Church, 422 East of Kittanning. The meeting will last until 2 p.m. Attendees should take a bagged lunch.
• The next meeting of the Armstrong County Disability Investigative Group (DIG) will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at the Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging, 326 Water Street, Suite 1, Kittanning.
• Royal Neighbors of America Camp 6980 will hold its monthly meeting at 4 p.m. Monday at the Community Building V at Valley View Drive, Ford City. There will be a special speaker to talk about the insurance products. New members are welcome. Questions may be directed to 724-543-6033 or 724-859-7614.
• The Kittanning Public Library board of trustees meet at 4 p.m. Monday at the library.
• The Kittanning American Legion Post 122 meets at 7 p.m. Monday at Super Shooters, Route 422 east. Questions may be directed to 724-859-1080. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month. There are no meetings in January, February, July, August, and December.
• The Ford City High School Class of 1955 will hold its monthly luncheon at noon Tuesday at Theresa’s Royle Allegheny, West Kittanning. All classmates, spouses, and friends are welcome.
• The Ford City High School Class of 1959 will hold its luncheon at noon Tuesday at Garda’s Restaurant, Route 66 south of Ford City. Classmates, spouses, and friends welcome. Those attending are asked to RSVP to Sandy at 724-763-2146.
• The Ford City High School Class of 1951 will hold its monthly luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at Nite-Courts, Ford City. All spouses and friends are welcome.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1945 will hold its monthly luncheon at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Pizza ‘N’ Stuff at 325 South Jefferson St., Kittanning. All members, spouses, and friends are invited.
• The Cosgrove Post 523 American Legion, Rural Valley will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the post home.
• The Armstrong County Newcomers Club provides women who have moved to the area the opportunity to meet other women through various social events such as shopping excursions, tourist outings, club dinners, bowling, miniature golf, and monthly meetings. New members are welcome. The next meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the home of Debbie Kriess. The fall outing and the annual charity donation will be discussed. Women interested in attending are asked to call 724-548-5225 or 724-297-3954.
• There will be a meeting of Sub Chapter 8406 of AFSCME Retirees, Chapter 13, Retired Public Employees of Pennsylvania at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Kittanning Senior Center, 125 Queen St., Kittanning. All retired public employees are welcome.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1949 will hold its monthly meeting at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Lenape Heights Golf Course. All members are welcome.
• The next meeting of the Eljer Retirees Club will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the local union hall on Route 85 in Rayburn.
• The Chapter 2 of the Tri-Country Music Association will hold its monthly meeting, dinner, and dance at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Ford City Veterans of Foreign Wars in Pattonville. Those attending are asked to take a covered dish. Cost at the door is $3.