Paper accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
The Daily Courier’s Holiday Gift Club is accepting gifts for children until Dec. 11. The gift club, in conjunction with the U.S. Marine Corps 2014 Toys for Tots campaign, will help provide needy children, mainly in the Fayette County area, with toys for Christmas. There is a special need for toys for children ages 8 to 12.
Anyone who wants to make the holidays a little brighter for a needy child is asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Daily Courier office, 127 W. Apple St., Connellsville, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. A Daily Courier photographer will take photos of the donors and their toys for publication.
For more information about the gift club, call Linda Keffer at 724-626-3541.
Toys that cannot be accepted are toys that resemble weapons, such as toy guns, Nerf guns, bow and arrows, etc. Also, knives and volcanos will not be accepted.
Daniel Martin, Toys for Tots program coordinator, said toy distribution will take place Dec. 15 and 16 (more information will be published at a later date).
In addition to the Daily Courier, Toys for Tots collection sites in the Connellsville area include American Legion Post 301, Bud Murphy’s, Connellsville Area Senior High School, Connellsville Area Junior High School, Connellsville City Hall, Connellsville Senior Center, Connellsville Township Elementary School, Davies Ford, Geibel Catholic Junior-Senior High School, Hanson Aggregates, Highlands Hospital, Kathryn’s Jewelry, Lynn’s Dairy Queen, Martin’s Food Market, New Attitude Hair Styling, Scott C’s Auto, Scottdale Bank & Trust, Tom & Jerry’s Home Medical Service, Wal-Mart, Williams and Wendy’s restaurant.
• Dunbar: Dunbar Borough Elementary School, Garry’s Auto Sales, Laurel Highlands Family Dentistry, Laurel Mall, Pechin and the offices of state Rep. Deborah Kula and state Sen. Richard Kasunic.
• Hopwood: Adrian’s Market, American Legion Post 51, AMVETS Post 103, Dollar General, Hair Unlimited and Hutchinson’s Sportsmen Club.
• Lemont Furnace: Advanced Acoustic Concepts, Koza Dance Studio, Miller Yamaha, Nickman’s Drug Store, Pa. Institute of Health and Technology and Penn State Fayette, the Eberly Campus.
• Mt. Pleasant: Lynn’s Dairy Queen, Scottdale Bank & Trust, Regional Family YMCA and Wal-Mart.
• Perryopolis: B & B Family Diner, Dollar General, Frazier High School, Perry Drug, Randall’s Restaurant, Save A Lot supermarket and VFW Post 7023.
• Scottdale: Aiello & Cobb Dental, American Legion Post 240, Scottdale Bank & Trust and Scottdale Veterinary Clinic.
• Uniontown: Autoland Hyundai, DiMarco’s restaurant, Family Dollar, Fayette Chamber of Commerce, Fayette County Courthouse, First Federal Savings & Loan, First National Bank, Herald-Standard, Heritage Apartments, Laurel Business Institute, Mt. Vernon Towers, Neubauers Flowers, Neubauers Market House, Pennsylvania American Water, PTC, Rizz’s Restaurant, Save A Lot supermarket, State Theatre, Sunoco A-Plus, Sweet Peas, Titlow Hotel, United Bank, Uniontown City Hall, Uniontown Fire Department, Uniontown High School, Walgreens, Atlantic Broadband, Centennial Chevrolet, Dollar General, Gebe & Skocik Tire, Laurel Highlands High School, Sensus Technologies, Potters Club House, Sam’s Restaurant, Yum Yum Bakery, Family Dollar, Big Lots, Applebee’s, AT&T Wireless, Blue Moon, Bob Evans Restaurant, Caddy Shack, Denny’s restaurant, Dollar General, Dr. Baker Chiropractor, Duck Hollow Discovery Day Care, Exxon On-The-Run, First Federal of Monessen, Ford of Uniontown, Grand View Medical, Griff’s Bar, Lynn’s Dairy Queens (Connellsville and Main Street’s), Mark C’s restaurant, Mt. Macrina Manor, Rainbow Dreams Day Care, Ruby Tuesdays, Tri-Star Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep, Uniontown Honda, Uniontown Hospital, Wal-Mart and Uniontown YMCA; Big Lots, Family Dollar, all at Uniontown Shopping Center; AT&T Wireless, Boston Beanery, JC Penney store, Sears and Marine Corps recruiter’s office, all at Uniontown Mall; Dollar General, Ollies and VA clinic, all at Fayette Plaza; Giant Eagle supermarket and Going Postal, Uniontown; Save A Lot, Shop ‘N Save supermarket and United Bank, all at Walnut Hill Shopping Center.
• Vanderbilt: Scottdale Bank & Trust.