• Herbein + Company Inc. promoted: Michael J. Malinsky and David F. Cordier , both to senior manager, both in the Pittsburgh office; and Brian D. Jamnik to manager on the accounting and auditing team in the Greensburg office. Malinsky works with affordable housing, manufacturing and technology clients. Cordier provides income tax compliance, research and consulting services, with specialized experience in the dairy, manufacturing and service sectors. Jamnik concentrates his efforts in employee benefit plan audits.
• Stephanie K. Savino joined Pepper Hamilton LLP, Pittsburgh office, as an associate in the firm’s commercial litigation practice group.
ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Pipitone Group added Sarah Royal as an account executive, Maggie Moser as interactive project manager and Abbi Nicolella as a public relations and content specialist.
• Pittsburgh Public Theater elected to its board of trustees: Andrea Cotter , senior vice president and chief communications officer, UPMC; MAny Emamzadeh , executive vice president of business development, Sylvan Energy LLC; J. Devitt Kramer , general counsel and secretary, Education Management Corp; David Isaac Mosse , senior vice president and general counsel, Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc.; Larry Walsh , senior vice president/director of leasing, Rugby Realty Co. Inc.
• Carol Darabant is now director of hotel operations at Vue Pointe Hospitality, a subsidiary of Millcraft Industries. Dan Senisi replaced Darabant as general manager of Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Airport and Jacksons Restaurant-Rotisserie Bar.
• At the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences: Deborah Hutcheson , department of sports medicine and nutrition, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, won the Pennsylvania Dietetic Association’s Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award; and Matthew Blinky , School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences student and Albert Schweitzer Fellow, was featured in the Albert Schweitzer Fellow blog for his work to bring education on nutrition and health to vulnerable individuals in Pittsburgh’s Hill District.
• Mike Ginsberg , a partner at law firm Jones Day Pittsburgh, participated in an eight-day Lawyers Without Borders program in Nairobi, which focused on improving trial skills of Kenyan prosecutors and private practitioners who litigate cases involving victims of gender violence.
• Doug Carlson , vice president of asphalt products at Liberty Tire Recycling, spoke at the American Public Works Association’s International Public Works Congress & Exposition. Carlson discussed how rubberized asphalt can save money on road maintenance and can increase road durability.