Pittsburgh’s bike-sharing program adds 9 new stations, bringing total to 175 with 700 bicycles
Pittsburgh’s bicycle rental program Healthy Ride has added nine more stations around the city to its network.
The latest additions are part of Healthy Ride’s expansion plans announced in February to have 700 bicycles available at 175 stations in the city.
Here is a list of the newest locations in the ride-sharing system:
- East Liberty Boulevard and Larimer: The station is located along the East Liberty Boulevard bike lane and connects riders with two major transportation corridors — Negley and Penn avenues. The station is across the street from the Community Outreach Center.
- Penn Ave at the Village at Eastside: The station is near the the Trader Joe’s supermarket on Penn.
- Wood Street and Sixth Avenue: Located near the light rail transit station and the Cultural District. Port Authority ConnectCard holders can receive free 15-minute rides .
- Frazier and Dawson streets: Located outside Dan Marino Park, the south Oakland was requested by residents to improve access to the neighborhood’s universities, medical institutions and business district.
- Semple and Louisa streets: The station is in Central Oakland near restaurants, museums and the Carnegie Library’s main branch.
- Schenley Drive and Forbes Avenue: The station is located near Schenley Park near the Bob O’Connor Golf Course.
- Penn and N. Atlantic avenues: Locate across the street from the Aldi discount grocery store, the station fills a gap along the busy Penn Avenue transportation corridor.
- Arch and Jacksonia streets: Located in the Mexican War Streets historic district, the station is a short distance from the Allegheny Commons Park, the Mattress Factory, the Warhol Museum, the Aviary and the Children’s Museum.
- 14th Street and & Penn Avenue: Located along the Penn Avenue bike lane, the new station provides a a safe route between Downtown, Lawrenceville and other East End neighborhoods.
Tony LaRussa is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Tony at 724-772-6368 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @TonyLaRussaTrib.
Tony LaRussa is a Tribune-Review staff reporter. You can contact Tony at 724-772-6368, email@example.com or via Twitter .