So long, summer: Labor Day is the last day to swim in 6 Pittsburgh pools
City of Pittsburgh offices and facilities will close Monday for Labor Day.
All Monday garbage and recycling collection will be delayed one day for the balance of the week, according to a city news release.
Six pools will be open Labor Day for the last day of the season:
• Highland Park, 151 Lake Drive in Highland Park
• Jack Stack at 600 Brighton Woods Road in Brighton Heights
• Moore at 1801 Pioneer Ave. in Brookline
• Ream at 321 Merrimac St. in Mt. Washington
• Schenley Park at Overlook Drive in Oakland
• Sue Murray at 301 Cedar Ave. on the North Side
The Labor Day parade will start at 10 a.m. Monday.
Streets around the Downtown parade route will begin closing at about 7 a.m. The route will travel down Centre Avenue at Washington Place, on to Sixth Avenue, Grant Street, then Boulevard of the Allies. The parade ends at Stanwix Street by the United Steelworkers’ headquarters.
Port Authority of Allegheny County bus routes will be impacted.
The streets will reopen by 2 p.m.
Theresa Clift is a Tribune-Review staff reporter. You can contact Theresa at 412-380-5669, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter .