Comedy mystery ‘Bone Chiller’ to be presented at Geyer in Scottdale
The comedy mystery “Bone Chiller” will be presented at the Geyer Performing Arts Center in Scottdale, performed by the members of the Actors and Artists of Fayette County. The show will be staged 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets for the show cost $12. For more information or to make reservations, visit www.Geyerpac.com.
• Trick-or-treat will be from 2-4 p.m. Sunday in Mt. Pleasant Borough. Have your porch light on if you have treats for the kids.
• The annual Halloween parade will be 7 p.m. Oct. 28.
• The semi-annual holiday kolache sale is under way at St. Florian Church, United. Advance orders are being taken for 15-inch freshly baked nut, apricot, poppy seed and prune rolls priced at $12 each. Orders will be taken until Nov. 2. Rolls will be available for pickup from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 and 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 15. To place your order, call 724-423-5233, 724-423-6619 or 724-423-2455.
• The Laurel Highlands Six Shooters Amateur Radio Group is sponsoring a rabies clinic from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Busy Beaver, Route 819, Mt. Pleasant. Rabies vaccine, the three-year vaccine, cost $10 and distemper vaccine is $15 for dogs and cats and will be administered by Dr. Laurie Joseph. Please have dogs on a leash.
• Local author Bill Potoka will be hosting a signing of his new book “Indivisible: The Keystone War” from 1-4 p.m. Dec. 18 and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 19 at Hayden’s Pharmacy on Main Street Mt. Pleasant. The book is now available for sale at Howard’s Firearms, East Main Street and Joe’s Barber Shop (COKE’S) Main Street, both in Mt. Pleasant, and The Book Case, 809 Blackstone Road, Connellsville.
• An apple festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Paradise United Methodist Church. Event will feature homemade apple dumplings, with or without ice cream, hot sandwiches, hot dogs, soup and desserts. There will be children’s events and activities and vendors.
• The second Ramsay High School All Class reunion will be June 18, 2016, at Roosevelt Hall in Norvelt. Letters and emails will be sent in February. Reserve your seat early; for more information, email email@example.com or call 724-547-0391.
• There will be a flea market/bake sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday hosted by the American Legion Auxiliary, 752 W. Main St., Mt. Pleasant. There are still flea market tables available for $10 each. For more information, call 724-547-2942.
• Volunteer Services at Excela Health Frick Hospital will hold a used book fair from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 27 and from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 28 in conference rooms B and C, First Floor, Frick Hospital, 508 S. Church St., Mt. Pleasant. Event will feature gently used books, CDs, videos, DVDs and puzzles for purchase. Sales support the Junior Volunteer Scholarship program at the hospital.
• If you are an aspiring writer, check out the Mt. Pleasant Public Library Writers Circle that meets from 5:30-8 p.m. every first and third Thursday of every month. The group welcomes new members and offers a great opportunity to those who may wish to take pen in hand to see what they can produce.
• There will be an arts and crafts show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Mt. Carmel Christian School. The event will feature crafts, homemade soups and sandwiches, a silent auction, vendors and baked goods. Proceeds from the event will benefit the student field trip fund. The school is at 1231 Mt. Pleasant Road. For more information, call 724-317-6748.
• Please help support the Mt. Pleasant Volunteer Fire Department by attending the weekly bingo held every Tuesday night at the firemen’s hall. Early bird starts at 6:15 p.m. The evening features regular bingo, neighbor games, rip open tickets, raffles, door prizes and more. The fire department is presently selling a ticket to win a new truck or an SUV — it’s the winner’s choice. Tickets are on sale at the Diamond on Main Street every day through the end of the month.
• There are still tickets available for the Mt. Pleasant VFD fire truck ticket that will go off at the end of the month. Fireman will be selling tickets on the Diamond at the Doughboy daily. Stop and get your ticket today to support our local firefighters.
• Don’t forget to recycle; the next recycling days for the borough will be Monday and Tuesday.
To submit an item for this column, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marilyn Forbes is a Mt. Pleasant resident.