PennDOT work to limit drivers in Westmoreland County
Part of Route 130 in Unity will be closed as soon as Monday so that a pipe can be replaced, PennDOT officials said.
The closure will occur in the section between Deeds and Fess roads and is expected to last through Friday, officials said.
A detour will be in place that uses routes 982, 31, and 711.
Also in Westmoreland County, a section of First Street in Sutersville will be closed as soon as Monday so work can be done on a railroad crossing, transportation officials said.
The closure will occur at the crossing between First and Third avenues. A CSX crew will replace railroad tracks.
The work is expected to be completed Aug. 3.
A posted detour using First Street, Sutersville Road, Dick Station Road, Lowber Road and Second Avenue will be in place.
Motorists will encounter single-lane travel restrictions on a section of Route 66 as soon as Monday.
The travel limitations will be imposed between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. between Silvis Road and Kiski Park Drive, officials said. Intermittent night work might be done.
Lane Construction Corp. workers are doing resurfacing and drainage work as part of a $2.3 million project.
The work is expected to be completed by Oct. 16.
Flaggers will control traffic.
Work will take place next week on the following Westmoreland County roads, weather permitting, PennDOT officials said:
• Patching, Route 4032 (Camp Nancy/Hunt Valley).
• Shoulder repairs, Route 1065 (St James Church) and Route 982 (Derry Township).
• Pothole patching, Route 3093 (Old 119, East Huntingdon), Route 3105 (Mt. Pleasant Road, East Huntingdon) and Route 3010 (Pittsburgh Pike, South Huntingdon).
• Pipe replacement, Route 3037 (Waltz Mill Road, Sewickley).
• Washout repair and slide repair, Route 1055 (Hannastown Road) and Route 4019 (Leger Road, North Huntingdon).
Work is scheduled for next week on the following roads in Fayette County:
• Bridge replacement, Route 1024 (Edison Street).
• Pipe wing wall replacement, State Route 1055 (Ferguson Road).
• Bridge flushing, Route 1051 (Breakneck Road).
• Pipe replacement, Route 1055 (Ferguson Road).
• Inlet repairs, Route 1020 (Gallatin Avenue Extension).
Bob Stiles is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.