NFL notebook: Cards QB Palmer reportedly suffers torn ACL
Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer suffered a left knee injury — reportedly a torn ACL — early in the third quarter of Sunday’s 31-14 victory over the Rams.
Palmer, who turns 35 next month, seemed to hurt himself while planting his leg trying to avoid a sack.
The injury happened two days after he signed a three-year contract extension worth a reported $50 million with $20.5 million guaranteed.
“We don’t know anything about Carson’s injury or the length, whatever it is yet,” coach Bruce Arians said after the game.
“It is obviously a knee,” he said. “He will be evaluated and get an MRI and everything, and we will know something by tomorrow and hopefully by Tuesday.”
• The NFL Players Association sent a letter to the NFL asking for the immediate reinstatement of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, a league source confirmed. The union contends Peterson’s time on the NFL’s commissioner’s exempt list was supposed to end as soon as his legal situation was resolved in Texas. And Tuesday, Peterson avoided jail time by pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of recklessly injuring his 4-year-old son.
• CBS issued an apology after broadcasting postgame remarks from Ravens coach John Harbaugh during which he commented on the Steelers’ loss to the Jets. The remarks, which were apparently only intended to be heard by Ravens players and staff, later were taken down by CBS. “That team beat us last week, OK,” Harbaugh said in a reference to the Steelers’ 43-23 rout of the Ravens at Heinz Field. “Then, they went and got their (butt) kicked this week.” CBS Sports spokesperson Jennifer Sabatelle issued a statement apologizing for the network’s gaffe.
• Dolphins left tackle Branden Albert likely is out for the remainder of the season with multiple leg injuries suffered in the second quarter of Sunday’s 20-16 loss to the Lions.
• The judge overseeing the appeal of former Ravens running backRay Rice‘s indefinite suspension plans to make a ruling before Thanksgiving, CBS Sports reported.
• Titans tight end Delanie Walker left Sunday’s game at the Ravens with a concussion after taking a hit in the second quarter.