NFL notebook: Vikings coach thinks Peterson will return to team once reinstated
• Vikings coach Mike Zimmer thinks running back Adrian Peterson will return to the team once he is reinstated, ESPN reported. Peterson has said he could go to a different team for a change of scenery. “I think Adrian wants to be back here,” Zimmer told ESPN. “You have to ask him. I don’t know. But I know he does have an awful lot of people here who have supported him, and I don’t know who he’s speaking of who doesn’t.”
• Bills president Russ Brandon said the team will practice in Buffalo this week and host the Browns on Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium. The team is playing Monday night’s game against the Jets in Detroit because of a snowstorm that pummeled Western New York with feet of snow.
• Fans scooped up all 500 free tickets for the Bills-Jets game in Detroit — with a two-ticket limit per person — within 10 minutes. Scalpers quickly moved to sell the tickets on the streets outside the stadium, in one case asking $125 for a single ticket.
• Bengals right tackle Andre Smith left Sunday’s game against Houston with a torn triceps, an injury that could end his season.
• Lions center Dominic Raiola perceived the Patriots to be running up the score with a last-minute touchdown, and he admitted after the 34-6 loss that he went at the knees Patriots defensive tackle Zach Moore on the Lions’ final offensive play of the game. “It’s football,“ Raiola told the Detroit Free Press. “He wants to keep playing football, let’s play football.
• One of the Ravens’ team buses was sideswiped by a car Sunday night after the team arrived in New Orleans in advance of Monday night’s game against the Saints. Team spokesman Chad Steele said there were no injuries.