NFL notebook: Vikings list Peterson as questionable
• The Vikings are willing to wait until game time to determine whether running back Adrian Peterson plays Sunday against the Jaguars. He’s recovering from reconstructive surgery to repair two torn ligaments in his left knee. The Jaguars will be without starting outside linebacker Daryl Smith (groin injury).
• Texans coach Gary Kubiak said running back Arian Foster (sore knee) and linebackerBrooks Reed (sore hip) sat out of Friday’s practice and will be “game-time” decisions for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins. “I expect to play on Sunday,” Foster said.
• Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch (back spasms) is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Cardinals after being a limited participant in practice.
• The Panthers listed running back Jonathan Stewart (ankle) as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers. “We do feel pretty good about Jonathan after hearing the progress I was told today,” coach Ron Rivera said.
• Jets defensive tackle Sione Po’uha is questionable to play in Sunday’s game against the Bills, and not out, as coachRex Ryan initially announced.
• Titans defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks is doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Patriots after missing his third straight practice Friday with a sprained right knee.
• NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the Vikings applied to host either the 2018, ’19 or ’20 Super Bowls.
• The Browns plan to have an “appropriate recognition” at Sunday’s game for former owner Art Modell, who died Thursday at the age of 87. He remains a vilified figure in Cleveland for moving the Browns to Baltimore after the 1995 season.