Hunter safety courses
Note: All hunter safety courses require preregistration at www.pgc.state.pa.us.
• Slippery Rock Sportsmen’s Club, Lawrence County, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Oct. 26 and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 27.
• Parks Township Sportsmen’s Club, Armstrong County, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 27-28. Class limit 25.
• Leetsdale Borough building, Allegheny County, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 27-28. Class limit 80.
• Paris Sportsmen’s Club, Washington County, 6-10 p.m. Nov. 2 and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 3. Class limit 75.
• Butler City Hunting and Fishing Club, Butler County, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Nov. 2 and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 3.
• Murrysville Gun Club, Westmoreland County, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 2-3. Class limit 55.
• Fairbank Rod and Gun Club, Fayette County, 5-9 p.m. Nov. 2 and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 4. Class limit 50.
• Jefferson Fire Hall, Greene County, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 3 and 1-4 p.m. Nov. 4. Class limit 75.
• Indian Creek Valley Community Center, Fayette County, 5-10 p.m. Nov. 9 and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 10. Class limit 50.
• Apollo-Spring Church Sportsmen’s Club, Armstrong County, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 10-11. Class limit 150.
• Jennings Environmental Education Center, Butler County, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Nov. 13 and 6-9:30 p.m. Nov. 14-15.
• Buffalo Inn, Allegheny County, 6:30-9 p.m. Nov. 16 and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 17. Class limit 50.
Shoots on tap
• Irwin Sportsmen’s Association holds a women’s shooting league the first and third Tuesday or each month at 6:30 p.m.
• Millvale Sportsman’s Club, at 170 Sunny Hill Road in Wexford, hosts trap shoots from 6-10 p.m. Wednesdays and noon-4 p.m. Sunday, skeet shoots from 6-10 p.m. Tuesdays and 9 a.m.-noon Saturdays and five-stand from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays. For information, call 724-935-9963 or visit millvalesportsmens.com.
• South Connellsville Rod and Gun Club holds trap shooting every Monday starting at 5 p.m. The public is welcome.
• Ellsworth Sportsmen’s Club’s trap range is open Fridays for league and practice shooting. The club opens at 6 p.m. on Fridays, with food and drinks available for purchase; shooting starts at dusk. The public is welcome to use the lighted range; cost is $5 per round and $4 per round for practice. Call 724-945-5275 or visit www.ellsworthsportsmen.webs.com.
• The Lawrence County Sportsman’s Association in Wampum opens its shotgun and .22 rifle ranges to the public Wednesdays starting at 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Call 724-562-1075.
• California Hill Gun Club holds NSCA registered shoots Sundays, with sign-ups starting at 9 a.m. Call the club at 724-938-3480 or Phil Difilippo at 724-263-5016.
• Pony Farm Sportsmen’s Club in Kittanning hosts open trap nights every Friday at 6 p.m. The public is welcome to use the lighted ranges. The full kitchen is open for all events. Visit www.ponyfarm-achfc.org.
• Sutersville Sportsmen’s Club holds trap practice beginning at 6 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The public is welcome. Call 724-872-0989.
• Connellsville Sportsmen’s Club hosts trap and skeet practice every Tuesday from 5-8 p.m. All shooters and the public are welcome. Instruction is available.
• Rostraver Sportsmen and Conservation Association holds big bore pistol and .22 longrifle shoots from 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays and trap practice at 10 a.m. Thursdays and 1 p.m. Saturdays. Call 724-872-4399.
• Shannock Valley Sportsmen’s Club in Yatesboro holds trap practice every Wednesday at 6 p.m. The public is invited to all events.
• Hecla’s trap range is open for practice from 5-8:30 p.m. every Wednesday. The public is welcome. Call 724-423-6090 after 2 p.m.
• Fort Hand Rifle Club in North Vandergrift holds an ARA-sanctioned smallbore benchrest shoot on the second Saturday of every month. The club also hosts an NRA-sanctioned smallbore metallic silhouette match on the second Sunday of every month. Call 724-726-9580.
• Dormont-Mt. Lebanon Sportsmen’s Club holds outdoor civilian marksmanship program shoots at 11 a.m. the third Sunday of every month, with sign-ups and a safety orientation beginning at 9:30 a.m.; outdoor pistol, NMC and MPRL shoots at 6 p.m. Mondays; five-stand shoots are held from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the first and third Sundays of the month; trap shoots are held from 7-10 p.m. Tuesdays; there’s a Tres Bandidos shoot at 6 p.m. the fifth Wednesday. Call 412-531-5043 or visit www.mdi.net/dml.
• Roscoe Sportsmen’s Association’s youth trap league shoots are held from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Sundays. The adult league shoots from 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays. Call Mike Hela at 724-938-3500 or the club at 724-938-9080 Wednesdays and Sundays.
• Vandergrift Sportsmen’s Association holds 5-stand sporting clays shoots at its club grounds on Sportsmen Drive in Washington Township every Wednesday from 4 p.m. until dark. Cost is $4 per round. Call 724-478-2129.
• Youngwood Sportsmen’s Association holds trap shoots from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays and from 6-10:30 p.m. Tuesdays. The shoots are open to the public. Call Fred at 724-837-5516 or Frank at 724-834-3234.
• West Penn Sportsmen’s Club in Murrysville holds five stand shoots from 4-9 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. The trap ranges are open 4:30-9 p.m. Thursdays.
• East Monongahela Sportsmen’s Club holds 25-yard pin shoots at 6:30 p.m. Mondays; cost is $6. On Thursdays, the club runs trap shoots for $2.50 per round and 50-yard pin shoots on the pistol range for $6; both events start at 6:30 p.m. All events are open to the public. Call 412-384-4747.
• East Huntingdon Sportsman’s Club in Alverton hosts trap practice Mondays at 7 p.m. Cost is $3 for a round of 25 birds. The public is welcome. The club also is holding an indoor archery league, with shoots Monday nights. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with shooting starting at 7. Club membership is not required to shoot. Call Doug or Amy at 724-887-4103. The club’s indoor pistol range is open at 7 p.m. Mondays or by appointment for groups. Call 724-887-5404.
• White Oak Rod and Gun Club holds CMP shoots from 9-11 a.m. on the second Sunday of each month. There are indoor 3-D archery shoots from 6-9 p.m. every Thursday. Cost is $3 for adults, $1 for kids ages 12-16, and free to those 11 and younger and 65 and older. Skeet and 5-stand shoots are held from 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Fridays and on sporting clays Sundays. All events are open to the public. Call 724-863-9941.
• Crowfoot Rod and Gun Club in Murrysville opens its trap range to the public from 7-11 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Call 724-327-9315 or 724-327-0592.
• Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmen’s Club, 505 Mosside Blvd., North Versailles, hosts Civilian Marksmanship Program and practical pistol shoots at 9 a.m. the first Sunday of each month, archery practice at 6 p.m. Mondays, practical pistol practice at 6 p.m. Thursdays, and trap practice at 6 p.m. Thursdays, 10 a.m. Saturdays, and 1 p.m. Sundays. Call 412-824-3790.
• McDonald Sportsmen’s Association hosts trap and skeet practice from 7-10 p.m. Thursdays. The public is welcome. Call 724-796-2271 or visit www.mcdonaldsportsmen.com.
• Clairton Sportsmen’s Club hosts skeet shoots and practice from 9 a.m.-noon Tuesdays, 5-10 p.m. Wednesdays, and 1-4 p.m. Sundays. The trap league and practice is from 5-9 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-4 p.m. Sundays.