Outdoors notices: July 10, 2017
Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is offering a Birds and More Nature Walk at 9 a.m. Wednesday. The walk will be free and will take place on Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve’s trails. Register online at aswp.org/7670 .
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is holding a weather lore event from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Friday. Participants are invited to learn about forecasting methods by our ancestors that include using animals, plants, clouds and other signs to predict the weather. Meet at the amphitheater. Email email@example.com or call 814-674-1000.
• Venture Outdoors is offering rock climbing from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday at Laurel Highlands. Experienced guides will teach participants about equipment, safety, tying knots, how to rappel, belay and some climbing techniques. Participants also will have opportunities for a few climbs in this beginner level class. The program costs $67. Gear will be provided. Participants must be at least 13 years old. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-255-0564 .
• Forbes State Forest is offering a nature hike at 10 a.m. July 22. Join the forest naturalist for a moderate 7-mile hike through the area. Email email@example.com or call 724-259-2201.
• Laurel Hill State Park is holding a wild teas event from 7-8 p.m. July 22. Participants will learn how to make tea with ingredients found in the wild and will be offered tea tasting. Meet at Laurel Hill Campground Amphitheater. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-445-7725 .
• Ohiopyle State Park is organizing a Washington’s raft event from 9-11 a.m. July 23. Before his attack on Jumonville in the Revolutionary War, George Washington and his men built a raft and attempted to float down the Youghiogheny River. In this program, participants will attempt to build a raft from logs and float it down the river like Washington and his men did. Email email@example.com or call 724-329-8591 .
• Keystone State Park is offering community yoga on the beach from 7:45-8:30 a.m. July 28. Bring a yoga mat or a beach towel and enjoy a relaxing yoga session that is open to all levels. Event is weather permitting. Cost is donation based, between $5 to $10. Register by emailing Jenn@jgyogaandwellness.com
• Moraine State Park is holding an explore offshore event from 9:30-11:30 a.m. July 30. Join park staff in a kayaking adventure along the shore of Lake Arthur and learn basic kayaking tips before setting off to explore some of the lake inlets. Event is open to ages 12 and up. Any participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Registration, which opens July 17, is required. To register, call 724-368-8811.